I hate to even utter the words.
The Dad Bod.
A term that somehow, someway has become acceptable to most middle-aged men in The United States.
The fact that “The Dad Bod” is a term that’s even tolerated is a direct reflection of the current state of weakness amongst our society.
So before you become comfortable putting yourself in “The Dad Bod” category, let’s talk about what this even means.
Your physique is a direct reflection of who you are as a human being. Let’s be honest, if you have excessive body fat you’re probably not working as hard as you should be. The excuse that you don’t have time to train is bullshit. You know it and I know it. There are 24 hours in the day. Make the time and do the work. We are talking about 3-7 hours per week of work. Are you really telling me that you don’t have 3-7 hours out of 168? Of course you do, make the fu$%ing time.
People that suffer from Dad Bod disorder are weak and out of shape. Being weak is unacceptable. You’re more prone to injury, have lower testosterone, more susceptible to depression and you’re unhealthy. Plus, since you’re a dad you have people in your life that need you to protect them. If you’re weak you can barely protect yourself. Being weak sucks and we don’t want that for you. Don’t accept weakness.
You Lack Muscle
A lack of muscle mass goes hand and hand with being weak and lazy. You lie to yourself about not having time to train so you don’t, which is the reason you’re weak, which is the reason you lack muscle mass. A lack of muscle mass equals a lack of confidence in yourself and a lessened desire to want to take your shirt off around other people. Which definitely sucks at the beach, pool party and certainly when you’re “smashing cheeks” ;-)! Don’t be “ok” with having no muscle. Come on, we all want to look and feel better, get to work.
You’re too fat
To top off lazy, weak and skinny you’re fat as well. That’s a deadly combination. The icing on the cake for “The Dad Bod” is a gigantic gut, right above your love muscle. I mean, seriously, is that a good look? Hell no. It’s horrific, you have to get rid of that shit. We know excessive body fat leads to a lot of messed up diseases like diabetes and cancer. You don’t want that and we don’t want that for you.
When I hear people say “I totally have a dad bod” and laugh about it means they are the sum of the four categories above, and are totally ok with it!
But maybe this post will help those people realize that the “Dad Bod” sucks and no one should live their life accepting that. Get off of your ass and do something about it! You’re not just doomed and stuck with that “Dad Bod” for life. You can change it. Just stop making sorry excuses for yourself and put in the work.
Saying you have a “Dad Bod” is another way of saying that you’re ok with mediocrity.
Are you really ok with not striving to be the best version of you?
Are you really going to tell me that you don’t want to achieve greatness in your life?
Are you really telling me that you accept being weak, fat, skinny and lazy and plan to do
nothing about it?
Well if so then don’t waste your time reading this post.
This post was created for the go-getters.
The ones that are willing to make sacrifices. To earn their stripes.
The ones that are willing to work harder than anyone on the fucking planet, at whatever they do. So they can achieve a life of greatness and happiness.
The ones that look adversity right in the eye and take it head on.
Because these are the people that can achieve great things, and we want to help you get there.
Remember, it doesn’t matter where you start. If you’re currently rocking “The Dad Bod” that’s ok. If you’re willing to do something about it. Don’t just accept that shit and put yourself in that category. Go shock the world and be the first guy to throw your shirt off at the beach this summer and enjoy every second of it.
Don’t continue your contribution to the occurring epidemic of “The Dad Bod” in this country. Let’s get rid of this term all together and to do that, first we have to get rid of “The Dad Bod” being the norm.
So here is my contribution to putting a stop to this epidemic once and for all.
Here’s a few tips that you can start implementing right now to start taking action and wage war against “The Dad Bod”!
1. Eat earth grown nutrients: Chicken breast, grass fed beef, wild caught fish, beans, potatoes, rice, vegetables, fresh fruit, nuts and cage free eggs are great sources of food. Base at least 90-95% of your diet on only foods like these for the next 8-12 weeks.
2. Eliminate everything with refined sugar, flour and artificial sweeteners: Sugar and flour are two substances that are both highly addictive, inflammatory and linked to a lot of diseases including cancer, heart disease, diabetes and obesity. Artificial sweeteners are also linked to many diseases and are loaded with chemicals. An easy way to avoid all of this crap is by sticking to rule number 1.
3. Lift heavy weights: I say this with caution considering some of you may have injuries or are at the beginner level. If you don’t know what you’re doing hire a good coach that can teach you. If you’re on your own, train to get stronger within rep ranges of 6-12 at first. Press, pull and squat with flawless technique. Hit the weights 2-4 times per week and watch your physique transform.
4. Sprint: A fundamental human movement that we are designed to do. Warm-up properly and start off with hill sprints and stadium stairs before progressing to the flat ground. It’s much safer to start that way if you haven’t sprinted in a while. Start off with 1-2 sprint sessions per week and that will do a number on that “Dad Bod”.
5. Enhance your natural testosterone production: Tips 1-4 will help you start producing more anabolic hormones naturally, but they alone will not be enough. Here’s a few ways to speed up that process.
A. Sleep 7-9 hours per night: When you get quality sleep your body produces more of these hormones and has many other benefits beyond the scope of this post.
B. Stop stressing over bullshit: When you stress over every little thing your body produces more of the stress hormone cortisol. Chronic and excessive cortisol production is detrimental to muscular tissue and stores body fat like a son of a bitch. That’s obviously not something you want.
C. Meditate: Meditation has incredible benefits and will help combat cortisol even more. Reduce stress and watch the quality of your life improve.
D. Have sex more often: Do I really have to justify this one? Get in there! It will help increase your test levels!
Start applying all of these tips today and I guarantee you will starting seeing noticeable changes in the way you look and feel in the next 4-6 weeks. But remember you should be in this for the long haul. Don’t look for any quick fixes. You’re better than that! But in order to make these tips life habits, first you need to start. So get moving!
I hope by now you guys are all with me on waging war against “The Dad Bod”. If you didn’t already know, you now know what you are subjecting yourself to by putting yourself in that category.
We can all achieve anything we want in this life, but we are the ones that dictate the outcome. Are you going to do something about it? Or just sit back and continue to do nothing?
I trust you’ll make the right choice.
Stand with me brothers and sisters, let’s change some lives!